Early Childhood Intervention
Firstchance offers the following early childhood intervention services for children aged 0-9, and their families who live within the Newcastle, Lake Macquarie and Port Stephens local government areas.
Early Childhood Intervention services are include the following:
- NDIS – Early Childhood Early Intervention
- NDIS Funded Transdisciplinary or Therapeutic supports:
- In your home
- In your child’s early childhood education setting or school
- In a community setting ie: swimming lessons, park etc.
- Specialist Supports:
- Occupational therapists
- Speech Pathologists
- Family Workers
- Specialist Early Childhood Educators
- Karuah Hub Project
- Preschool Inclusion Program
- Group programs
- Little Ones Playgroup
- School Holiday Group programs
- Private Speech Pathology
- Parent/carer groups that provide further information, skills and support for families within the programs.
Information for students – students undertaking training in a variety of disciplines may complete some of the practical requirements of their course in our Early Childhood Intervention programs. These include: Teaching, Speech pathology, Occupational therapy, Social work, Child care, Community welfare, School work experience students.