Firstchance offers the following early childhood intervention services for children aged 0-9, and their families who live within the Newcastle, Port Stephens and Lake Macquarie local government areas:
- Community-based programs:
- In your home
- In your child’s early childhood education setting or school
- The Little Yarns Project – specialised support for children attending Awabakal and Muloobinba early childhood programs
- Private Speech Pathology
- Helping children with autism
- Occupational therapists
- Speech Pathologists
- Family Workers
- Early Childhood Educators
- Parent/carer groups that provide further information, skills and support for families within the programs.
Information for students – students undertaking training in a variety of disciplines may complete some of the practical requirements of their course in our Early Childhood Intervention programs. These include: Teaching, Speech pathology, Occupational therapy, Social work, Child care, Community welfare, School work experience students.