Welcome to our Online Referral Page
Anyone can make a referral to Firstchance for a child. Firstchance provides services to families living in the Newcastle, Lake Macquarie and Port Stephens areas.
Firstchance has a team of staff who can provide Early Childhood Intervention Services for children who already have a NDIS Plan, children who have allied health support in their Enhance Primary Care (EPC) plans (Medicare) and/or families who wish to pay privately to have their child supported.
Click here to read more about what services are provided by Firstchance.
Please note: Firstchance is no longer taking referrals to assess and/or support children to access the NDIS under the Early Childhood Early Intervention (ECEI) Transition program. From the 1st July 2018, this role will be undertaken by the Northcott Society (Ph: 1800 818 286).
When to Complete a Referral:
- The child has an approved NDIS Plan would like to find out what services Firstchance can deliver support to their child and if we are the best fit.
- The child has an approved NDIS Plan and the family is wanting to use part or all of their package with Firstchance.
- The child requires a particular singular service from Firstchance. For example Speech Pathology or Physiotherapy.
- To receive Firstchance services for a child’s Medicare funded EPC plan or Private Health Fund.
- To support a child’s development and learning with private funding (out of your own pocket)
- Please refer to the information below before clicking on a link that takes you to the online referral form.
Please note: It will take about 15-20 minutes to complete the form and it must be completed in one sitting. You are unable to save and come back to it at a later time.
Information for Parent/Carer – Self Referral
Before clicking on the link below to complete the online referral form, please make sure you have the following ready, where applicable:
- Your Child’s NDIS Participant Number, if one has been issued
- Electronic copies of any relevant reports. If you have paper copies, scan and save these before starting the referral form.
- Details of any current service providers your child is receiving supports from.
If you are unable to complete this online form, please call us on 4910 3130, and we can do it over the phone on your behalf.
Information for Referrers
(Educators, Teachers, Health, Therapists, other service providers etc.)
Complete the online referral form. Before completing this form, make sure you have the following:
- Details of the child’s siblings (name, date of birth, gender)
- Electronic copies of any relevant reports, if you have them (scan and save these before starting the referral form)
Click here to access the online form. (If you refer clients regularly, feel free to save this to your favourites or bookmark)
Send us all relevant reports for the child and contact details for the family. Our Intake and Enrolment staff can call the family and fill in the online form over the phone.
Post: PO Box 542, HRMC, 2310
We can post paper copies of the referral form to you. That way you can have hard copies of the form available to fill in with families and post it back to us (or scan and email). Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 4910 3130 to order some copies.