Welcome to our Online Referral Page
Please note: Firstchance is no longer taking referrals to assess and/or support children to access the NDIS under the Early Childhood Early Intervention (ECEI) Transition program.
NDIS have advised that another organisation will be taking on this role from 1st July 2018.
Currently, there are two options for those wishing to have a child supported to see if they are eligible to access the NDIS:
- Contact RIDBC on 1300 581391 or ASPECT 1800 277 328, who may be taking more referrals, and/or
- Call us on 4910 3130 and our intake team (Danielle, Lea or Natasha) can take your details to pass on to the new organisation.
If your referral is related to other information or supports (e.g. privately or through Medicare) or the child already has an NDIS Plan approved, please continue to read and complete an online referral form.
Here’s what you need to know:
Anyone can make a referral to Firstchance for a child. Firstchance provides services to families living in the Newcastle, Lake Macquarie and Port Stephens areas.
Firstchance has a team of staff who can provide Early Childhood Intervention Services for children who already have a NDIS Plan, children who have allied health support in their Enhance Primary Care (EPC) plans (Medicare) and/or families who wish to pray privately to have their child supported.
Click here to read more about what services are provided by Firstchance.
When to Complete a Referral:
- The child has an approved NDIS Plan (an allocation of funds to receive supports) and is shopping around for Service Providers who can deliver support to their child
- The child has an approved NDIS Plan and the family is wanting to use part or all of their funds using Firstchance to provide support for the child and family.
- To receive Firstchance services for a child’s Medicare funded EPC plan
- To support a child’s development and learning with private funding (out of your own pocket)
- Please refer to the information below before clicking on a link that takes you to the online referral form.
Please note: It will take about 15-20 minutes to complete the form and it must be completed in one sitting. You are unable to save and come back to it at a later time.
Information for Parent/Carer – Self Referral
Before clicking on the link below to complete the online referral form, please make sure you have the following:
- Electronic copies of any relevant reports. If you have paper copies, scan and save these before starting the referral form.
- Details of any current service providers your child is receiving supports from.
If you are unable to complete this online form, please call us on 4910 3130, and we can do it over the phone on your behalf.
Information for Referrers
(Educators, Teachers, Health, Therapists, other service providers etc.)
Options for Referral:
Complete the online referral form. Before completing this form, make sure you have the following:
- Details of the child’s siblings (name, date of birth, gender)
- Electronic copies of any relevant reports, if you have them (scan and save these before starting the referral form)
Click here to access the online form. (If you refer clients regularly, feel free to save this to your favourites or bookmark)
Send us all relevant reports for the child and contact details for the family. Our Intake and Enrolment staff can call the family and fill in the online form over the phone.
Post: PO Box 542, HRMC, 2310
We can post paper copies of the referral form to you. That way you can have hard copies of the form available to fill in with families and post it back to us (or scan and email). Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 4910 3130 to order some copies.