Firstchance can provide you with a Transdisciplinary Early Intervention Program (TEIP) and Individual Therapy options for children aged 0-9 years.
Our range of services include: family support, specialised therapy, early childhood intervention and professional development in a variety of environments to suit your needs.
Our specialised team is made up of:
- Program Manager
- Occupational Therapists
- Speech Pathologists
- Specialist Educators
- Family Workers
- Support Workers
And we can provide individualised support such as:
- Case Management
- Behaviour Support
- Parent Training
- Transition to School
- Transdisciplinary Package
Early Childhood Intervention
Early Childhood Intervention programs are offered to children aged 0 – 9 years and their families. These include community-based programs, speech pathology services and parent/carer groups. See full list of programs…
Preschool Inclusion Program (PIP)
This program is funded by the NSW Department of Education. It is also referred to as the Disability Inclusion Program (DIP) or the Sector Capacity Building Program.
This program will support a range of preschools in the Newcastle, Lake Macquarie and Central Coast areas.
The program has 3 objectives:
- To increase the capacity to include children with additional needs.
- Support equitable outcomes for children with additional needs consistent with the EYLF.
- Empower and educate preschools to understand the NDIS and how it relates to them.
The program is delivered by Firstchance Specialist Educators with extensive experience in Early Childhood Intervention. The delivery model for the program is as follows:
- Each preschool is allocated a number of hours per term for a Specialist Educator to support them. This support can come in a range of forms such as: Staff development & training, resource development, observation, modelling of strategies and information gathering.
- The hours allocated to the preschool per term range from 10-13.
- These supports can be delivered in many different ways ie; face to face, online, during staff meetings, combined preschool professional development, whatever suits the preschool.
Little Ones Playgroup
Our Little Ones Playgroup provides families with a “soft place to land”
It is open to families with children 0-2 years with concerns about their development. This playgroup is facilitated by a Teacher and Family Worker. The playgroup is held at Scots Kirk Church (Corner of Tudor Street and Murray Street, HAMILTON NSW) on Friday mornings from 9:30am to 11:30am during school terms.
The playgroup is FREE and morning tea for adults is provided. Siblings and other family members are welcome.
For more information Contact us
SibsRule is a unique program aimed at families with special needs children, to help their siblings develop new skills and connections. The program is available to siblings with a brother or sister with a diagnosed disability (who does not have a disability themselves) and be a primary school student aged 8-12 years. Firstchance will be running the 8 week SibsRule program during Term 3, 2017. Contact us for more details.
More Firstchance Programs
Firstchance also provides services for families and their children outside the these NDIS assisted programs. Contact us for more details.