At Firstchance we provide specialised early intervention services. Our Paediatric Physiotherapists are experienced in assisting families to support children with a range of disabilities – and this includes but is not limited to: developmental delay, autism, chromosomal disorders and genetic conditions.
Our Paediatric Physiotherapists can provide you with information and advice regarding handling, position and therapy through play and/or exercise to assist you and your child to reach your goals.
We will work with you to gain an understanding of a child’s movement and gross motor function through assessment and observation. We look forward to working with you to give your child the best chance to thrive.
Our therapy programs will be develop in consultation with you and may include games, exercises and handling techniques to:
- facilitate motor development
- improve quality of movement
- improve posture
- strengthen weak muscles
- stretch tight muscles
- improve balance and coordination
- improve and support foot posture
- Advice may be given on appropriate positioning, and mobility equipment including seating, standing frames, walkers and mobility aids, as well as orthotics and footwear.
Our specialised Paediatric Physiotherapists can form part of a Transdisciplinary Team to support the holistic needs of your child.
Servicing the Lake Macquarie, Newcastle and Port Stephens region.